The season for winter sports is dwindling away (hopefully!), let's head west to the Poconos and spend one of the last days of winter snowboarding or skiing at Blue Mountain Ski Area & Resort. Or snowtubing if that is your thing.
The Plan ...
We'll meet in front of the lift ticket sales windows at 9:30 AM. After a quick meet and greet, those that need rental equipment and instructional lessons will make those arrangements. We'll then split up and the experienced riders/skiers will join me as we head up the mountain for a few hours of fun.
At midday, we'll all meet at the lodge for lunch to laugh about how our mornings went and to nurse our bruises. After lunch I'll join the beginners on the slopes for a bit to help them out with their newly learned skills while the others can spend a few more hours exploring the mountain before we call it a day. Or if you want to change things up a bit, ditch your gear and grab a tube to spend a few afternoon hours zooming down the mountainside like you are a little kid again.
Then Important Stuff ...
• The cost for an adult weekend lift ticket at the mountain is $61.00.
• Rentals on mountain for skis and snowboards start at $36.00 for the complete package. If you only need to rent certain pieces of gear, prices vary.
• As a special promotion, there is a First Time Ski or Ride Package available for only $35.00! That includes a lesson and all the gear you'll, need including a lower-mountain access pass. If you're a newbie and want to learn this is your chance.
• The mountain has a 21 lane tubing area so once you're done skiing or snowboarding you can buy a three-hour access pass for $23. And don't worry about being too tired to walk up and down the tubing hill, the tubing area has a lift to get you back to the top.
• Rain or unwintery weather cancels the meetup.
How To Get There ...
The mountain is 90 minute drive from NYC. Pop the following address into your GPS:
1660 Blue Mountain Drive
Palmerton, PA 18701
If you plan to drive and are willing to carpool, please post in your RSVP where you are leaving from and how many people you can carry. If you'd like to carpool with someone please post your request and where you are located. Please don't wait to be offered a ride, BE PROACTIVE and contact any drivers directly to work out transportation details. As courtesy, passengers should pick up tolls and gas.