Is your personal anthem that century old tune, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze? If you have the faintest idea to what I'm referring then this might be the meetup for you! We're going to spend the day at the Catamount Aerial Adventure Park.
If you don't know, now you know ...
Catamount is an aerial forest challenge park consisting of over 170 platforms installed in the trees and connected by various configurations of cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. It's a safe adventure -- well, as safe as dangling from ropes 30 feet above ground can be -- that provides a variety of courses that are fun for all ability levels. There are twelve areas of varying difficulty where you are challenged to cross bridges, climb ladders, obstacles and zip lines. After you're fitted with a harness, you'll be led through a safety and park usage demonstration, given safety gloves and then unleashed to navigate your chosen treetop courses.
You probably have a boatload of questions running though your mind so check out the park's list of frequently asked questions by clicking HERE.
Since this is an inherently dangerous activity there is the requisite liability waiver to fill out beforehand, you can do that online HERE.
Cost and how to pay ...
Pay before 9/7/14: $47.75 per person.
Afterwards: $51.00 per person.
To pay, click HERE!
Until I receive your payment your RSVP is not confirmed and your attendance is not guaranteed. Once I have confirmation of receipt of your payment I will move you from the wait list to confirmed RSVP status.
Refunds will be given only if the meetup is cancelled, rescheduled, or requested 5 or more days in advance of the meetup date. Additionally, 15 paid attendees are needed for this event to occur. If the minimum number of attendees is not met, those that paid will receive a refund. Also, if for some reason you can't find a carpool seat for the event, I will allow you a refund.
Important stuff ...
• No experience is necessary but the minimum height is 48" and maximum weight is 265 pounds.
• Admission is for three hours of park time. In order to have time for the more advanced courses, I'd skip doing the easy courses and start with the intermediate ones.
• Wear well-fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Long hair and jewelry should be secured. Sneakers or hiking shoes are recommended -- no flip-flops or sandals will be allowed.
• Refreshments are available on site but you are welcome to bring your own food and drink -- no glass bottles please.
• Heavy rain cancels the event.
• I will distribute my mobile phone number to the confirmed RSVPs two days before the event. Don't leave home without it.
This place is about 2.5 hours Northeast of NYC. There are no mass transit options so we're going to have to carpool. When you RSVP please post if you will be driving and can give a ride to how many passengers, and from where in the comments box when you RSVP. Passengers, please contact your driver beforehand to work out the details and as a courtesy should pick up the tabs for gas/tolls.
This event is cross-posted in Chill Hiking and Camping, check there when trying to set up a carpool.
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: Refunds will be given only if the meetup is cancelled, rescheduled, or requested 5 or more days in advance of the meetup date. 15 paid attendees are needed for this event to occur. If the minimum number of attendees is not met, refunds will be given.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.