September 14, 2014 · 10:15 AM
This location is shown only to members
I love me some football. Yes, the fake American kind, not the “Futbol” the rest of the world clamors for. I used to play but the old bones and joints are having none of that these days. I think I’ve found a suitable replacement with none of the risk of putting me in traction for 3 months. Let’s play a bit of Ultimate Frisbee.
If you don’t know, now you know…
Ultimate Frisbee is a game structured similar to football minus the danger of bodily injury. You have two teams, a playing field and two end zones; the goal being to advance the frisbee down the field by throwing it to your teammates and catching it in the end zone to score points. That’s it. So utterly simple my five-year old nephew could play. Ok, there are a few more rules to the game but not many. Check ‘em out here
ULTIMATE FRISBEE GAMEPLAY AND RULES.
A $3.00 organization fee will be collected at this event, your host is in the running for hardest working person on meetup.
The important stuff...
• This is a co-ed game so ladies don't be shy to sign up.
And it doesn't matter if you have no athletic ability; you just have to be willing to have a little fun.
• Dress for physical activity! You'll be running A LOT so wear your sneaks, shorts and a t-shirt.
• Bring BOTH a black and white t-shirt. This is how we differentiate teams.
• Rain or similar un-favorable weather cancels the meetup.
• Check the meetup site before leaving for last minute
updates as well as my mobile phone number.
• No guests allowed to play. You can bring a friend to spectate though if you need to hear the roar of the crowd.
• Please DO NOT RSVP if you do not seriously
plan to attend as space is limited. No flakes allowed! If you RSVP and I notice that you have a number of no shows or have a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.