I wanted to do that...Just not alone!! Message Board I wanted to do that...Just not alone!! Discussion Forum › No more hibernation... Let's get outdoors! :)

No more hibernation... Let's get outdoors! :)

Magda
awesomemagda
New York, NY
Good afternoon,

I don't know about you, but I'm so happy that the weather is getting nicer because I definitely had a severe case of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) (meant in a lighter way than is described on the Wikipedia page) :). I was especially bummed that there wasn't any REAL snow. :/... Alas, the weather is getting nicer and there's so much to do outdoors.

I just wanted to send a quick email highlighting two recent additions to the calendar, which haven't been getting much play, but maybe might as the weather gets better:

1. Sunday Central Park Fun Runs - One of our event organizers, Henry, has graciously offered to host weekly beginner-friendly Sunday runs in Central Park at 10am. He is an avid runner who sometimes participates in races from time to time (I believe he will be in an upcoming one on the 18th?). Check out the next one here: Sunday Central Park Fun Runs.

2. Tennis Lessons in Fort Washington Park - Robert Fernandez Bucheli is a tennis instructor, certified by the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA). He has graciously offered to teach beginner tennis lessons in Fort Washington Park in Washington Heights on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 10am. Lessons are $36.50 for a 1 hour group lesson. The materials are provided. Check out the next one here: Tennis Lessons.

Thanks to another one of our event organizers, Kevin, we have a buttload of outdoor activities for the next few months. Other upcoming outdoor activities for March include: 1. Sat. 3/17 Our first hike of the year at Breakneck Ridge, which of course filled up pretty quickly, but there is a waiting list - sign up here: Not So Urban Athletics: Breakneck Ridge Hike; 2. Sat. 3/24 Biking and eating in Brooklyn (our first biking Meetup EVER), which is also (no surprise!) filled up, but there is a waiting list for it here: Urban Athletics: Bike and Eat Brooklyn; 3. Sun. 3/25 Inline Skating at Central Park, which actually has 3 spots available. YAY! Sign up here: Urban Athletics: Inline Skating at Central Park.

We'll be doing plenty more outdoor activities this year, so gear up for some fun! Speaking of 'gearing up' (heh heh), please consider visiting one of our sponsor's websites at Rentstuff.com­ to rent items for these fun outdoor events. Might be a good way to try some stuff out if you don't know whether the activities would be repeats for you.

I'll see you guys at the hike! :)

Magda

http://www.meetup.com...­
Jeff B.
JTBrandt23
New York, NY
Post #: 3
One of these times I'm going to buck up and wake up early for one of the beginner-level hikes.
warie
user 118934692
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Post #: 6
great day of mind peace