EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT.
The Atlanta Area Paddlers Social Event at the Sweetwater Brewery is now official! This event is for anyone who loves the outdoors.
You MUST pay for your ticket(s) and register via Evenbrite using this link:
This will be a social event designed to bring all paddlers or potential paddlers together for a really good cause on Sunday March 2, 2014 from 4-7 PM.
We have rented out the Reel Room which is upstairs at the brewery and will be totally dedicated to this event. You MUST have a ticket to be admitted and there is no plan to offer sales at the door.
The cost to attend will be $25.00 per person. This will include admission to the Reel Room, a brewery tour, Sweetwater glass to take home, music, food and of course Sweetwater Beer! Wine will also be available. Please answer questions at registration for each guest so we can get a reasonably accurate estimate for wine and vegetarian quantities.
Here is what to expect from this event:
1. An opportunity to socialize as a group and meet fellow paddlers both current AAP members and potential AAP members. If you are a member and have not yet gone on a trip with us this is a great opportunity to stay dry and talk to us about paddling, the meetup group in general or the meaning of life (hint: It involves water) . Once the season kicks in none of us want to be landlocked on a weekend so here is your chance to meet us with our skirts off (so to speak). Some of us clean up real purdy.
2. Learn about Sweetwater Beer. If you have not done a brewery tour at Sweetwater it is not to be missed. Come learn about the beer making process and also about the company that regularly supports preservation of our rivers.
3. Any funds received over and above the costs to run this Hootenanny will be donated directly to the Georgia River Network on behalf of the Atlanta Area Paddlers. The greater our attendance, the more money we can raise for GRN. Representatives from Georgia River Network are planning to be at the event and will say a few words about their mission and talk about the 2014 season.
4. Tunes: Big Daddy DJ services will be providing the music. If you feel like dancing go for it. If not tap your foot in a rhythmic manner. He does take requests but if you have bad taste in music he won't play your song.
5. Gear Swap: We will have an area for you to display gear you might want to sell or swap before the new season kicks off. If you want to try to sell/swap a boat please bring a picture and/or description on a 3X5 card but leave the boat secured to your vehicle or at home. No boats will be allowed in the Brewery. We will provide a board to post this stuff on.
6. Each paid attendee will receive a ticket for door prizes drawn during the event (you must be present to win). We are collecting door prize donations so if you would like to donate something please contact me.
Please RSVP here to let other know you are coming but you MUST register and pay via the Eventbrite site to be admitted on the day of the event. Please note that a couple of us are on the hook financially for deposits, etc so no refunds will be offered, however you may transfer your ticket to someone else.
NOTE: You must be of legal drinking age (21) to attend this event. You will be asked to certify that you and each guest will be over 21 years of age on March 2, 2014 when you purchase tickets. Bring your ID.
A list of cab companies and a ride company will be available at the event for anyone who may require those services.