Kayaking: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
The purpose of the kayaking activity to get out on the North Park Lake, paddle with friends, see some wildlife, and get a great workout. If you do not own a kayak, you can rent one from Kayak Pittsburgh. For pricing and more information, please go to the link below ...
Hiking: 1:00 to 3:00 pm
After kayaking, we plan to hike in North Park, approximately 6 miles at a moderate to brisk pace. You are welcome to depart after the kayaking portion or join us for the hike. We should be done by 3:00 pm with hiking. Hikers are also welcome to just join for the hiking portion of the event by meeting us in front of OTB cafe at 1 pm.
Specifics and Considerations:
1. All kayak types and models are welcome, however, you must provide your own boat and gear. Please plan to wear a life jacket/PFD at all times while on the water.
2. We will start paddling around 11 am and conclude by 12:30 pm. If you are renting a kayak, please plan to arrive early enough to procure a boat and gear for yourself.
3. This event is weather based and the kayaking portion will be cancelled in case of rain or excessively cold temperatures. However, the hike portion will remain regardless of weather. I will send out an update on Saturday.
4. You are welcome to join in for the hike only by meeting the group in front of OTB cafe next to the boat house at 1:00 pm.
5. We will go for food and drinks at the OTB cafe after the hike.
6. Dogs are welcome on both the paddle and the hike. However, they must be leashed during the hike.
SYOTL & SYOTT :-)