Pittsburgh Kayakers Message Board › Thule Kayak Rack For Sale

Thule Kayak Rack For Sale

A former member
Post #: 4
For Sale: Thule Rack with Kayak Cradles

Thule Brand car rack: Two (2) square 57" bars, with two feet each. This fits most gutter-type car roofs. I had it on a Dodge Grand Caravan and an Aries before that. I replaced the Thule bolts with steel bolts, which make it more secure. You could replace these with Thule bolts and keyed locks if you want, as the feet have not been altered - only the bolts changed.

Attached to the Thule bars are the Thule "Glide and Set" Kayak rack system. The two rear pads swivel to grip the kayak as you lift it on from the rear of the vehicle. They grip and steady the kayak as you then push it forward onto the two front rubber pads, which conform to the shape of the hull to set the boat. This makes loading even a large kayak a breeze for one person, or in a cramped parking area.

All items are a little scratched from use but otherwise in perfect working condition. The only reason I am selling this rack is that it does not fit the roof of my new car.

For a series of photos and any other info you want, e-mail me directly at Stircrazy@pobox.com
Dan Peden