Pittsburgh Kayakers Message Board › Geocaching

Geocaching

Julia K.
juldga
Aliquippa, PA
Post #: 13
Anyone into geocaching here? I know there are a bunch along raccoon creek Id like to get and I want to do the allegheny river islands geo trail and I think there are a few at Lake arthur.
Art T.
user 38524762
Uhrichsville, OH
Post #: 4
I enjoy geocaching and have been doing so several years. I often take my GPS (Garmin Oregon 450T) while kayaking and hiking for both tracking and caching, but haven't done geocaching while kayaking - yet.
Julia K.
juldga
Aliquippa, PA
Post #: 15
I think I'm going to start with the 5 on raccoon creek. One specifically says boat needed. Hopefully in march I'll find a partner and do a day trip on raccoon creek
Art T.
user 38524762
Uhrichsville, OH
Post #: 5
Raccoon Creek looks like a scenic area with a nice group of caches. I've been hiking at Raccoon Creek State Park several times but haven't really checked out the creek itself, though looking online it seems to be a nice area to kayak.

I have geocached and hiked at Little Beaver State Park (OH) and scouted the area for kayaking but have yet to paddle there, though I have it on my 'to do' list.

Do you have a GPS?
Julia K.
juldga
Aliquippa, PA
Post #: 16
I prefer my smart phone but yes i have a garmin etrex, an etrex legend (temp mislocated in my house lol), and an earthmate 20