Pittsburgh Kayakers Message Board › June 7th: Point State Park Celebration

June 7th: Point State Park Celebration

eileen b.
eileenbyrnes
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 15
Riverlife is celebrating the opening of the Point Fountain, and are sponsoring this event on June 7th:

Attention all boaters, kayakers, canoers and river users! Welcome back the Point State Park fountain on June 7 by decorating your watercraft with lights and surrounding the Point! We'll be turning on the fountain and its new lights for the very first time starting at 5:00 pm on June 7, and the eyes of the world will be on the Pittsburgh skyline. It's a great opportunity to showcase Pittsburgh's huge outdoor recreation community. Let's make sure the world knows how much we love this river city! Use LEDs, glowsticks, and holiday lights to decorate your boat that night and hit the water around sundown. Make sure to take photos of your creativity and upload them to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using hashtags #Riverlights and #Pittsburgh. As always, please use extreme caution when using the rivers in low light conditions, and follow all rules of the river and the U.S. Coast Guard. More information about Riverlights at The Point at PointStatePark.com!

Anyone want to join me?
Janet K
user 10208753
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 80
Would love to but already have land plans at the Point for the evening : )
erin
user 96896092
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
Where do people put in, downtown? my husband and I want to participate in this tonight but he's concerned about the "long carry" on the North Shore, and we haven't paddled in the city yet so we don't know whether or not it's reasonable to think we can paddle upstream a couple miles...
Janet K
user 10208753
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 83
not sure if you & your husband went last night but there are many river access points on all 3 rivers & usually the current is not bad going upstream. can check TRRA website for Allegheny flow rates or water.weather.gov for any river. also check wind speed as this can be much stronger than the current