Pittsburgh Kayakers Message Board › Help to keep Fracking out of our PARKS!

Help to keep Fracking out of our PARKS!

Jenna
jennadate
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 2
Hello my friends!

I don't usually send stuff like this around, but our little city is in trouble.

The Fracking industry is quietly and quickly moving into our area, and threatening our air, water and now they want to frack our parks!

Through talking to people throughout the county, we've found that many don't know this is happening. We need your help to spread the word, and make our voice known to the decision makers in county council.

Right now:

Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald is planning on allowing fracking on or under our county parks. Fracking our parks would industrialize land reserved for recreation and relaxation, bringing dangerous and polluting infrastructure such as pipelines, compressor stations and truck traffic right through our community's public spaces.

Please sign the petition below, and pass it on to all your friends. This is our chance to save our parks!

Petition to Stop Fracking in Allegheny County Parks
http://petitions.move...­

If you would like more information, or to get more involved, please contact me and we can build a plan together!

Take the best of care,

Jenna
jrdate@gmail.com