Pittsburgh Kayakers Message Board › Who is the OWNER of the Pittsburgh Kayakers group?

Who is the OWNER of the Pittsburgh Kayakers group?

Rob
user 38012432
Ellwood City, PA
Post #: 13
Last summer I tried with no success to find out who is responsible for the group and has authority to add event organizers. I tried email to Mike C but got no response. Can someone tell me how to reach the group owner so that I can discuss being added as an organizer?

Thanks.
Ben S.
user 37256282
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 27
Rob,

I too wrote Mike C. several email asking to organize more kayak meetups, and never got an answer. I would like to participate more paddles on streams, and overnight trips. With the season quickly coming, it would be good to start planing.
Hansel L.
user 84127282
West Newton, PA
Post #: 1
I have started a new meetup. Not to take away from the Pittsburgh Kayakers but to add too. This group will belong to the members. I'm open for suggestions.
http://www.meetup.com...­
Ben S.
user 37256282
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 28
March is half over, and this is the first year, since I started Kayaking, I haven't had the boat in the water yet! Last years kayak meetups were few, and there are none on the calendar this year. In this area, the good water for streams is normally gone by the first of June. Instead of starting a new group, lets add some organizers who want to do more paddling, and use this list.
Hansel L.
user 84127282
West Newton, PA
Post #: 2
With the new group we can have as many admins that you want. I'm still working on getting it together. There will be several trips a week going out that I will get listed. Anyone that would like to add a trip can add it.
A former member
Post #: 2
I joined the other group as well, not looking to pick sides here.....just want a good group of people to Kayak with after moving back to the Pittsburgh area

Here's my post from last December with no luck on a response.

http://www.meetup.com...­

I've got 3 boats and looking to meet some good folks to paddle with.

Hopefully activity picks up here soon.
Janet K
user 10208753
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 103
I am one of the event organizers & a warm weather/water paddler. I will be posting events on area rivers & lakes when the temps improve. Before I was an organizer, I used to post paddles here in the discussion area
Ben S.
user 37256282
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 29
The best water for paddling streams is now, when the snow melts off, and ground water is being released, giving the streams a good flow. When summer comes, the water levels are too low in the streams, and only rivers and lakes are available. I don't consider rivers and lakes all that exciting, nor interesting.

Generally after the beginning of June, if there is enough water in the streams, it is only after rain storms. I did one paddle last year were the stream level dropped four inches during the day. That kind of flash run off does not make for good paddling.

I like to paddle to see and experience nature. Paddling is just a means to that. But then, being with like minded people is a plus as well. Spring is slow to show this year. This should be the last week of cool weather. Flowers are starting to bloom, and there is a hint of red buds. I think it will be greening up in the next two weeks.

I am planning to explore "Fish Creek"; a stream that flows through Marshall County, WV in the near future. I plan to put in near Lynn Camp, and Paddle to the Ohio River. I drove it last Fall, and thought it beautiful, but the water was low for paddling. It would be an eight to ten mile paddle though farms and undeveloped lands, among some of the larger hills in this area. Anyone interested in joining me?