addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Florida Kayaking Meetup Message Board › heros on the water

heros on the water

greg
user 8440682
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 104
anybody heard of this organization?its about getting wounded vets kayaking and fishing i just came across their site and was considering getting involved
Donna J.
donnajardine
Miami, FL
Post #: 5
Came across them in Key Largo (by Florida Bay Outfitters) teaching a class of vets last year. It was moving to watch and I have so much admiration for what they do. Go for it - it can only be a win-win situation!
greg
user 8440682
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 105
there's not a chapter in this area so i'm considering starting one.anybody else interested?
Jeanette
user 3129419
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 2
Greg, if you start a group I would love to help out.
Donna J.
donnajardine
Miami, FL
Post #: 6
I am not an expert kayaker but I'd certainly do whatever I could to help out.
greg
user 8440682
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 106
i'm going to have them send me more information
Donna J.
donnajardine
Miami, FL
Post #: 7
I would be very interested to see what you receive. I would like to put this to my contacts at Miami Kayak Club and Shake-A-Leg to see if they would like to get involved, if that's OK with you.
Mike J.
user 17629991
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 1
I can make a few calls . I know the Guys in Joisey who run it down there ...
They want to fish and its gotta be organized and sponsorships will be needed to get boats for the wounded warriors .. I am in if you need help to start it .. But i will tell you its a vast undertaking .