addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

South Florida Kayaking Meetup Message Board › UPDATE ON KAYAKING AT ISLES OF CAPRI SUNDAY JUNE 30

UPDATE ON KAYAKING AT ISLES OF CAPRI SUNDAY JUNE 30

A former member
I just wanted to write and remind everyone of our upcoming trip to Isles of Capri on the west coast. Providing we have good weather this should be a great day on and off the water; beautiful place to kayak where Manatees & Dolphin hang out, clear water for swimming, an island in the middle of the gulf where shelling is awesome and where we'll stop for our picnic.
You should be aware that if the weather is good it will be hot. Bring a lite snack, a hat, an umbrella for shade (no shade where we'll be) and lots of water. Also a towel to soak in the water and put over your head to relieve you from the heat and lots of sun block.
After our trip, those who want too, we'll have a late afternoon, early dinner at the Capri Fish House.
I'm not trying to scare off anyone, I just want you to know what the trip could be like.
If you need more info you can reach me at home: 954-925-6768 or on the day of the event on my cell: 954-270-6995.
This is a good trip for carpooling for those who would like to. When you post your RSVP let us know and we'll make arrangements.
For those who will be renting go to the write-up where you'll find the information you need to reserve your kayak.
Looking forward to our day on the water.
Daniel Fineberg
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Daniel. I've kayaked the Isles of Capri several times (I live in Naples) & it's beautiful! I'm gonna cancel my reservation for this trip, only because I'm doubting whether I can endure an all day outing. My longest time out was 5 hours on the Marco river & it was a bit turbulent & I was exhausted. Not certain I'm up for that kind of challenge. I hope you all enJOY the day on the water!