Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › 2011 season ideas...
Kayak Meetup Season 2011
· Lake Wingra -- rentals available
· Lake Monona -- rent at Rutabaga, take inlets into lake?
· Indian Lake -- hike and kayak – very small lake
· Devils Lake -- rentals?
· Mirror Lake -- rentals available
· Cherokee Marsh -- always great for full moon eves
· Nine Springs -- rent at Rutabaga, early season no weeds
· Gov. Dodge Lakes -- rentals available
Wisconsin Rivers (central)
· Yahara -- lots of put in places, can rent from Rutabaga
· Sugar -- rentals available through Minihaha campground
· Baraboo -- instructional meetup w/Scott from Rutabaga?
· Wisconsin -- w/ FLOW (friends of lower WI river)
· Mecan -- see past meetups for details/ AOs
· Kickapoo -- see past meetups for details/ AOs
Illinois Rivers or Southern Wisconsin
· Nippersink -- Glenn, try again on this one
· Others -- AOs: Victoria/Megan/Christyn/Glenn
·Local Meetups that are set dates throughout the season
o Once a month
o Usually BYB (bring your own boat) unless meetup is at venue that rents boats such as Wingra (Wingra Rentals) or Yahara/Nine Springs (Rutabaga rentals).
o This could be a shared organizer responsibility, so that one AO does not have to attend every meetup and the other AO can host.
o Running water instruction
o Wisconsin River
o Baraboo River
·Overnight Camping Meetups
o Kayaking and camping on WI River
o State Park (Mirror or Devils Lake)
·Family Day Meetups
o Combined hiking/water/picnic
·Intro to Sea Kayak Meetup
o Rutabaga – cost?
·Intro to different Kayaks – boat trial Meetup
Edited by Barbara on Apr 17, 2011 9:14 AM