addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Daytime Weekday Paddling

Daytime Weekday Paddling

Reid
reidlm49
Madison, WI
Post #: 12
Hey, Paddlers! Margari and I are talking of co-hosting daytime weekday paddling trips around Madison. Our goals are to paddle more, and train members for and spread around the leadership of trips. Will anyone interested in this works please join the discussion of days, times and places that are good for you? Some known options are 6 Mile Creek, Wingra Creek, Yahara River into Stoughton, and Cherokee Marsh. Other nearby (within 30 minutes drive, one-way) choices include: Kegonsa Creek, Badfish Creek and Sugar River near Paoli. Still more possibilities are: Sugar River below Belleville, Pecatonica River and Yahara River below Stoughton. Isn't it great to have so many wonderful water trails nearby? All of these are good, and most are for beginners and up. Paddling streams that are quiet, scenic, fun and teaming with wildlife sounds good to me. How about you?
Victoria
user 11739435
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 6
I would love to see a weekly paddle again. last year they started @ 6 and we had the same day every week. It was a nice way to plan the week and plan where we were going. I would be interested in a few of these to plan but I do not know that many places to lead except the lower yahara
A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to see a weekly paddle again. last year they started @ 6 and we had the same day every week. It was a nice way to plan the week and plan where we were going. I would be interested in a few of these to plan but I do not know that many places to lead except the lower yahara

Tuesday evening at 6PM would be good :)
Barbara
BNice
Madison, WI
Post #: 32
Just to clarify things: In reading Reid's first discussion message above, I see he is talking about a daytime weekly paddle. But please keep this discussion going by letting him know if you are interested in a daytime or evening weekly paddle. thank you! -- Barbara
Reid
reidlm49
Madison, WI
Post #: 15
Just to clarify things: In reading Reid's first discussion message above, I see he is talking about a daytime weekly paddle. But please keep this discussion going by letting him know if you are interested in a daytime or evening weekly paddle. thank you! -- Barbara

An update: If not "weekly" (or weakly-LOL), the idea is a Mon-Fri paddle during the day. Margari suggested it and proposed a TGIF paddle. Special planning is required for working paddlers to get free during the usual work day. I like it. Enjoy! -- Reid
Victoria
user 11739435
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 7
Oh I can't make daytime paddles...unfortunately I have this ball and chain called a JOB. I would like to see a weekly paddle around 6 pm though and would be happy to cohost with someone.
Judy
user 11863731
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
I'd love to see some daytime paddles planned. I can't do the June 10th trip as I already have a commitment that afternoon, but I'd sure be interested in others. I'm not familiar enough with the area to plan any, but would love to meet some fellow paddlers and enjoy the waters around Madison!
Dixie
AstroChick8
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Either daytime or evening over the summer would be great. I have a rather erratic schedule so it would be hit-or-miss on whether I can make it whatever day/time you pick.