add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Lake Monona Water Walk Expo

Lake Monona Water Walk Expo

Dear water lovers,

We have been asked to help out with the Lake Monona Water Walk Expo that is going to run on the weekend of July 7th. The event we need volunteers for will introduce both children and adults to the  paddling experience. The date is July 7th. The location is Winnequah Park lagoon. The paddling experiences will take place from 10 a.m - 4 p.m.

Please contact me directly through my email via the Meetup site if you can help out with any of the following on that day: --- Thank you so much! Barbara Nice

Lagoon Paddling

• Rutabaga will lend the WaterWalk the kayaks, WaterWalk needs to supply the transportation of the boats to the lagoon
      Sarah is calling Rutabaga to ask that they are loaning paddles and PFD along with the boats
      One Life guard has been scheduled/confirmed
      Sarah has two leads on possible trailers to borrow
      Needed: a truck with 2 inch ball hitch for one of the possible trailers
      WaterWalk is looking to keep event to six Rutabaga boats on the water
      Minimum volunteers needed, but looking for more (8-12 to be able to rotate): I have one commitment for volunteers so far... (so far we have 3 or 4 volunteers; but we need more!)

one person wading to help launch
        one person on shore, fitting PFDs
        one person on shore demonstrating paddling
        one person in boat out in the lagoon (Nancy)

Needed: buoys (2-3) to be secured to keep paddlers in open area of lagoon (North side closest to tennis courts)