align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for help with a memorial kayak trip / picknick down the Wisconsin river.

Looking for help with a memorial kayak trip / picknick down the Wisconsin river.

Gary and C.
user 2339961
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Wisconsin River kayak trip. My 21 year old son Colin and my best friend Joel both passed away last year. We all liked to kayak the Wisconsin River 3 or 4 times a year and I wanted to have a short kayak trip and picnick / bbq in thier honor on the weekend after the 4th. My best friend Joel who passed away was the one who always organized our trips such as where to put in and where to take out and where to leave the cars and such so I am not very familiar with the launches along the river.

I am looking for a short kayak trip of about 45 to 90 min with a park at the end where a large group of people could BBQ and or picknick and hang out. I am not sure what the turn out would be but would need to be able to accomodate at least 20 people I would think. We would have some people coming down the river and other just driving to the destination. I would also like the route to be as close to Sauk City as possible but think that we should maybe start a little farther down the river since the train bridge just out of Sauk can be disconcerting for newer paddlers.

Thanks for any ideas for the route or park to accomidate this in advance. Also all are welcome so if anyone would like to come or even help out with the arrangements you are more than welcome. Once I finialise the route I will post the event.

Thanks again

Gary