align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Kayaking in IL just a heads up and also Paddle and Trail closed (?)

Kayaking in IL just a heads up and also Paddle and Trail closed (?)

rpracing
user 13732841
Janesville, WI
Post #: 1
Just found out you need a water useage permit ($6/yr) for kayaks and other non-motorized/sail watercraft even for out of state residents.

Since the closest place to me that had kayaks was in Beloit (Paddle and Trail), apparently they closed the Beloit location and now they shut their doors July 3rd (whether permanent or not is yet to be known).
Victoria
user 11739435
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 14
yeah i ran into that when i went camping at rock cut state park. personally paying to drive there and paying to go into the water will deter me to stay in wisconsin.......they passed that I believe june 1st