addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Ideas for weekends paddles

Ideas for weekends paddles

Dan I.
user 5304913
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
I recently borrowed a book from my Uncle that has great detail on waterways in WI. I will list a few that are easy to get to and sound most interesting. If you like the sound of any of them please vote and we can try to set these up for the weekends. The 1st I was thinking of off hand is the Kickapoo River. I will list a few more below feel free to add your ideas.

Kickapoo River

Crawfish River

Bark River

Sugar River

Many different areas of the WI River, Dells area , Arena 10 mi to Spring Green 8mi to Lone Rock 13mi to Muscoda

Baraboo River

Mecan River

Many areas of the Yahara River.

**These are all beginner- intermediate anyone can paddle these routes.**
Barbara
BNice
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
Dan, Thanks for doing this. I have that same guide. I am up for any of these river trips, if my schedule allows. Maybe folks could do the instructional river meetup on June 5th to give them confidence for these other beginner rivers.
--Barbara
Victoria
user 11739435
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 2
The kickapoo is great as long as you kayak in normal season and not after the rains. It gets difficult when the water raises and the current gets swifter and the trees have to be portaged over. I have also done the yahara more in rock county than dane and it has always been enjoyable.