The Jacksonville Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM › ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM

ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM

A former member
Post #: 6
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

By reading this or participating in an event I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained and prepared for participation in this event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I acknowledge that this athletic event is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of athletes, lack of hydration, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, journalists, event officials, event monitors, and/or producers of the event. The risks are not only inherent to athletics, but are also present for volunteers, and support staff. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating and/or volunteering in this MEETUP.COM event.

On consideration of my interest and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, guests and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event. THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Meetup.com, The group organizer, co-organizers, assistant organizers, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers, as well as any and all involved municipalities or other public entities, (and their respective agents and employees); (B)Indemnify and Hold Harmless the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this event.

I acknowledge and accept responsibility for insuring that any and all guests that I bring to any activity organized by this group have read and understand the AWRL.

I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and /or illness during events. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules of the event as published on the event website. I also understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my name and/or likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns.

I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events. It is further understood and agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on my heirs and assigns. This AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. By joining this group, and electing to attend an event, I affirm that I have read and understand the AWRL.
Susan & D.
user 10098028
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 54
Cris Richardson @ Nature Coast Kayak has all meet-up members sign a waiver form before each and every event. She is also very equipment conscious carrying VHF & GPS. When she says 9am paddle she requests that all members be in their boats and ready to paddle by that time (with the exception of shuttle trips). She collects cell phone numbers of everyone who attends in case of travel delays or emergency. She even provides a walkie-talkie in an aquapac for all that attend. She also limits trips to 15 people.

While some may balk at the what seems like a pedantic and non-spontaneous way to run a trip she does 3 trips a week every week, barring bad weather.

I'm not suggesting Jax Kayak group adopt any of these policies; but I certainly would have no hesitation in signing a waiver form prior to a meet-up if an organizer felt more comfortable. It is a also reminder of the importance of safety. .... Darrell

PS I know that we all "more-or-less" agree to a waiver electronically by RSVP'ing "yes" but I'm no lawyer - LOL
Kimberly
user 12853742
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Post #: 8
I am wondering if this could be a wavier on line. Once a person says yes to a trip, the sight will then take you to this wavier and you click accept. That would be an easy way to assure that this form is used. Also, this way no one can lose the form. OR Like we do in the education field, sign one once per year that states it covers all events from January 1 until December 31. It may go over better! Just a thought! :)

Stephanie Sexton H...
user 13331681
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Post #: 2
I think the form would be great to be able to print out. I also take people kayaking and this form is better than the one I have used in the past.
Mark
user 6666304
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 5
The advantage to having everyone sign a waiver form each trip is it covers guests. Also, if someone has a condition thats recently changed such as a recent alergic reaction to bees or diagnosed hypoglycemia the trip leader will be aware if something goes wrong.
A former member
Post #: 12
I'm new to this.... where do I sign?
Gmhorse
user 12632260
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 46
I'm new to this.... where do I sign?
You did Sally. By signing up for an event you have signed that you have read and agree to the disclaimer. Some organizers will have you sign a paper at the actual event, or have you answer a question ( Did you read the AWRL? ) when you sign up.
Lawrence and Prisc...
user 18575481
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Post #: 1
We have read and agree to the Accidental waiver and release form. LD and Priscilla
Carolyn Snyder M.
user 16366691
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Post #: 3
We would also like to know where to sign. Thanks!!! Carolyn and Dave
Gmhorse
user 12632260
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 52
We would also like to know where to sign. Thanks!!! Carolyn and Dave

You are agreeing to the terms listed just by signing up, or showing up for a Meetup. There is no need to physically sign a paper since you have already agreed to the terms. Some organizers will have the events set up to ask you the question " Have you read and agree to the AWRL?" Some will have a a paper for you to sign at the event. It is up to the organizer how he/she wants to do it.

To sum it up, there is no paper to sign unless the organizers hands you one at the Meetup event.