align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Kernel-Panic Linux User's Group (KPLUG) Message Board › See you at KPLUG tomorrow!

See you at KPLUG tomorrow!

Tracy R R.
user 16948181
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Ubuntu has become the most popular Linux distro, particularly on desktops. I'm looking forward to learning more about it as I've always been a RHEL/CentOS/Fedora guy. I've been hearing more noise about Ubuntu from clients.

The meeting WILL be at:

UCSD Extension Mission Valley

404 Camino Del Rio South

Suite 102

San Diego, CA 92108

Philip Ballew will focus on the Ubuntu project. He will go over the current state of the Ubuntu project, go over the current release, and then show the upcoming release for the Desktop.

Phillip will talk about the features that Ubuntu has and the ways it differentiates with other distributions. He will go over the different Desktops available with Ubuntu, and how these are different from stock Ubuntu itself. Phillip will discuss the server side of Ubuntu, and talk about what the server is doing. He will speak about Juju. How you can use it and what it can do for you. Phillip will explain how to get software written into the Ubuntu Software Center.

Phillip Ballew is an active Open Source advocate in the greater Open Source community. Phillip is currently heavily involved in the Ubuntu project, and he spends most of his time contributing to this project. When Phillip is not contributing to Open Source, he can be found riding his bike, dancing badly, or attempting to pass his college classes.