Directions to trailhead:
The western approach begins at the Gold Creek Trailhead.
To get to the Gold Creek Trailhead:
1) From Highway 3, take exit 41 onto Chico Way. Head west.
2) After 0.5 miles, turn right on North Lake NW Way.
3) After 0.4 miles further, veer right onto Seabeck Hwy Spur NW.
4) After 3.0 miles further, turn left onto NW Holly Road.
5) After 4.1 miles further, turn left (south) onto Tahuyeh Lake NW Road.
6) After 3.0 miles further, the Gold Creek Trailhead and parking lot will be on the leftside of the road.
Field trip requirements: Arrive prepared to travel in cross country in the outdoors. 10 essentials (old clothes), lunch, paper, pencil and of course: map of the area and compass.
Only participants who have completed the classroom study are eligible to participate in the field trip component. It will be held on Saturday May 4 at Green Mtn State Forest (Gold Mtn Trailhead). More information will be provided after signing up. Participants should purchase and bring a copy of the USGS 7.5 minute map, Wildcat Lake. Participants are required to bring a compass which has adjustable declination, paper and pencils, and their 10 essentials and plan on being out in the field all day. Maps can be purchased at any REI store or through the website: USGS store http://store.usgs.gov (catalog number: 106484) Contact John Howard for more information at [masked] (s/3/4-5/01). SIGN UP ON THE MOUNTAINEERS WEBSITE FOR PAYMENT PURPOSES