Louisville Stitch and Bitch Message Board › Louisville Stitch and Bitch is now charging membership dues

Louisville Stitch and Bitch is now charging membership dues

Lindsey
LindseyHoehn
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
Hi fiber loving friends! I am so glad this group has been so successful- I love meeting with you guys and always have a fantastic time.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have set up "Membership Dues" for the group. I want this to be done on a VOLUNTARY basis. Since I took over the group last summer, I have been paying the meetup fees. It is $72 every 6 months. The third payment for me is coming up in a few days, so it reminded me to do this. I do not mind paying it and will continue to organize the group anyway, but in the past I have had people offer to contribute and I wanted to make it easy to do so. If you would like to contribute to our meetup fees, just click the "Pay Dues" button.

The group will continue to be FREE. I will not track who pays or how much- any contribution is appreciated, and if we somehow end up with a bunch, we can have a party or something. Please let me know if the meetup site sends automated emails about making your payment or harasses anyone in any way- there wasn't a setting to make this optional, but that is my intention. NO ONE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP FOR NOT PAYING.

Thanks again for being an awesome group and coming to our meetups! I really enjoy everyone's company and I think we have a fantastic group of people.

Lindsey

PS: If anyone would like to use extra group money to have a booth together an art fair or fiber festival, I'm all for it! Just let me know.