NOLA Knit and Stitch Message Board › Weekly Metairie Knit & Crochet Group

Weekly Metairie Knit & Crochet Group

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Everyone,
I'm starting a new weekly Metairie Knit & Crochet Group meeting beginning Sept.
2 It will meet every Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. at Caffe Caffe, located at 4301
Clearview Parkway, Metairie. The Cafe has good food and lighting. For more information, contact
Elizabeth @ vegetarian430@yahoo.com or 571-331-7932.
A former member
Post #: 1
I usually have something planned on Wednesday nights already but if the meeting is ever cancelled for some reason on one of the nights, I'll have to come by!
A former member
Post #: 2
Very cool!! I live nearby. See you in a couple of weeks. (I'll be the one with the unidentifiable project on several needles. If I don't work on it between now and Sept. 2nd, look for the woman who looks like she's holding a porcupine and some random lavendar yarn.) Guh...
A former member
Post #: 5
Great! It looks like we will have about three or four people -- not bad for a first meeting. See you then!
A former member
Post #: 6

Hi everyone,

We're on as usual for Knitting in Metairie at Caffe! Caffe! this Wednesday night from 7-9 p.m. The cafe is located at West Esplanade and Clearview Parkway in Metairie. Beginners through experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome.

Also, did anyone else make it to the yarn sale at Garden District Needle Works? I didn't buy anything as all the good stuff was downstairs, regularly priced. It was a quick trip. :(

But a few of us used the opportunity to stop in and knit with some of the Half Fast Knitters at the new Borders on St. Charles. They meet there the fourth Saturday of every month at 10 a.m. I got my coffee and listened to the owner of the coffee franchise tell me ghost stories about the place. It used to be a funeral home.