K-Town Vegans Message Board › Vegan Athletes?

Vegan Athletes?

A former member
Post #: 1
Are there any vegan athletes in the area?
Runners, bikers, gym nuts?

I'm trying to get back in shape. I was training for a 5k (not far into training) when i went vegan. I got really weak the first few weeks cause i was more of a junkitarian than a vegan, but now i'm cleaning up my act a bit.

I'm in the process of reading Thrive, the vegan nutrition guide to optimal performance in sports and life, y brendan brazier. It's really good.. has anyone else read it or do they have thoughts on it?
David S.
user 12473274
Seymour, TN
Post #: 1
Hi Rebekah, I have been vegan for 14 years now. I play tennis just about everyday. Junk food is the worst for your body especially if you are working out. Eat only norishing foods, get plenty of sleep and exercise as much as you can. You will see that as time goes on you will have lots of energy and feel healthy than ever. It is the best thing I have ever done. David Shaffer
Janice C.
happyvegan
Louisville, TN
Post #: 54
Are there any vegan athletes in the area?
Runners, bikers, gym nuts?

I'm trying to get back in shape. I was training for a 5k (not far into training) when i went vegan. I got really weak the first few weeks cause i was more of a junkitarian than a vegan, but now i'm cleaning up my act a bit.

I'm in the process of reading Thrive, the vegan nutrition guide to optimal performance in sports and life, y brendan brazier. It's really good.. has anyone else read it or do they have thoughts on it?

I think Brendan sells products so that makes him suspect in my eyes. I did a marathon --- walked it after becoming vegan and losing over hundred pounds We rarely eat junk food and mostly avoid restaurants due to additives and portion size. We occasionally eat sustainable salmon for protein and omega three but usually whole foods like stir fries beans rice I use a lot of fresh herbs and dried spoces