K-Town Vegans Message Board › Other Places to Meet & Eat

Other Places to Meet & Eat

A former member
Post #: 3
My husband likes Wok Hay. Does anyone else? What about Stir Fry Cafe?? Or Pizza, Salad, & Beer at Mellow Mushroom - or is there another pizza joint where we can get a vegan pizza?
Janice C.
happyvegan
Louisville, TN
Post #: 4
Yesterday Gregg and I ate "Fess Parker" specials at Tomato Head in Maryville. Absolutely delicious, totally vegan made of rice, black beans, peach salsa, seasoned tofu, with raw spinach leaves underneath. Yum.
Charlotte M.
charmorr
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 5
My husband likes Wok Hay. Does anyone else? What about Stir Fry Cafe?? Or Pizza, Salad, & Beer at Mellow Mushroom - or is there another pizza joint where we can get a vegan pizza?

The original Wok Hay in Knoxville had vegan options but, as far as I know since they were taken over by new management some years ago, they serve NOTHING vegetarian , let alone vegan; has this changed?

We like Stir Fry Cafe. Don't know anything about Mellow Mushroom. At Tomato Head in Knoxville you can get soy cheese on your pizza or they will happily make one without any cheese, if you ask. Have heard you can get vegan pizza at Brixx but can't confirm that.
Charlotte M.
charmorr
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 6
Yesterday Gregg and I ate "Fess Parker" specials at Tomato Head in Maryville. Absolutely delicious, totally vegan made of rice, black beans, peach salsa, seasoned tofu, with raw spinach leaves underneath. Yum.

Sounds wonderful, Janice! We like Tomato Head in Knoxville. I hope the Maryville location has more space in the restaurant and easier parking.
A former member
Post #: 1
I love Wok Hay!
Janice C.
happyvegan
Louisville, TN
Post #: 5
Charlotte,

Restaurant is huge! Big free lot about 1/2 block away. I am very impressed with the staff's vegan knowledge and willingness to accommodate. Excellent (and we are very picky)
A former member
Post #: 2
Wok Hay says they have vegan options. Most all of the dishes can be made with tofu instead of meat, and the servers say they can leave out egg and oyster sauce in dishes that regularly come with them.
A former member
Post #: 2
I just uploaded a massive list of vegan options at various restaurants. Click on "More" then "Files." The list is probably missing a few places, but it's a very encouraging start.

Taste of Thai can accomodate a good size group.

Brixx offers soy cheese on their pizzas at no additional charge.

A former member
Post #: 3
The last time I went to Mellow Mushroom on the strip (last fall) they told me they no longer served soy pizza (my 7 yr old son is allergic to milk). Needless to say we went to the Tomato Head and have never looked back!