It’s our belief that food has a unique ability to bring people together and this Meetup is designed to do just that. Komeeda (originally spelled "comida" but we wanted to make it look cooler) in Spanish means a variety of experiences surrounding food... eating, a meal, feast or simply food.
What is Komeeda? It is a "kommunity" marketplace to help casual diners and foodies Discover new eateries, Taste new cuisines and foods, and Interact with fellow foodies and storytelling chefs. Unique culinary experiences that New York City and the surrounding areas have to offer, at your fingertips.
Here you’ll find fun and interactive multi-course prix-fixe restaurant experiences, trips to food festivals, chef competitions and pop-up dining events. We’re the team behind Komeeda (www.komeeda.com) and we're excited to share these unique events with you. If there’s culinary talent out there, we’ll find it and we'll enjoy it together! If there's an awesome restaurants out there and its not glamorized, we'll enjoy and support it together!
Come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
A few points about our Kommunity:
1. Gatherings vary from intimate (4 people) to grand (150+ people) .
2. We find restaurants that WANT to host us. Restaurant will cater a prix-fixe multi-course experience with a minimum six (6) different menu items for us to enjoy and to obtain a stronger impression of the culinary skills behind their kitchen.
3. All RSVPs are pre-paid. Your purchase includes the meal, disclosed beverages, tax and tip. Just show up and enjoy the experience. Please know that your RSVP is non-refundable but transferrable at least 3 hours prior to the event.
4. Please do your best to show up to events on time.
5. Please bring cash in the event you decide to order food or drinks away from the event menu.
6. If you know any restaurants that would like to host us, please shoot us an email to email@example.com.