The Korean Education Center in Chicago (KEC), established by The Korean Consulate General in Chicago, has begun accepting applications for their 2013 Fall Semester Korean Language and Culture Classes.
These are the best classes available in the Chicagoland area at present. Early registration is advised if feasible.
Chicago: August 29 ~ November 21 (every Thursday evening) 6:30~8:00 pm.
Wheeling: August 27 ~ November 19 (every Tuesday evening) 6:30~8:00 pm.
Korean American Community Services (KACS)
4300 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
The Korean Cultural Center of Chicago
9930 S. Capitol Dr.
Wheeling, IL 60090
Course levels and enrollment...
Three levels: Basic, Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced.
Basic (No background with the language or with the Korean alphabet).
Beginners (Starts with sentence structure and grammar. Presumes a working familiarity with the Korean alphabet)
Intermediate (Those who took Beginners level this spring or have equivalent proficiency level of Korean),
Advanced (Those who took Intermediate this fall, has an equivalent proficiency level of Korean).
- Send in the application via email or mail (Deadline: August 29).
- The application and background information is available in the "Notices" section of: www.chicagokec.org
- Please submit $20 registration fee and attached application form to the
Korean Education Center (address available below).
- Please make checks payable to the "Korean Education Center."
Korean Education Center
NBC Tower, #2700
455 N. Cityfront Plaza Dr. Chicago IL 60611
Tel: 312-822-9485 (ext. 132)
1) Tuition is free, but there is a registration fee (which includes text borrowing privileges) of $20.
2) Free parking is available near the buildings.
3) If you have 11 out 13 attendance or better for the Korean Language and Culture Class you will be awarded with a certificate. With the proof of the certificate, you will be given additional points during the selection process of programs managed by Korean Education Center (EPIK, TaLK, Visitation Programs for Overseas Koreans, other visitation programs to Korea etc…)
4) You may sign-up for a single session per semester.
5) Low attendance will affect enrollment for the next term.
6) Priority will be given for high-level classes in the upcoming terms for applicants for the previous session.
7) Registration may close before deadline, if there is excess number of applicants.
If you wish to cancel, please notify KEC one week before class begins. $20 registration fee will be refunded to you if you notify us a week before class. If you choose not to inform us in advance, your money will NOT be refundable.