The San Francisco Korean Language, Culture and More Group Message Board › Weekly Korean Study meetings small group.

Weekly Korean Study meetings small group.

Bryan K.
user 49974722
Belmont, CA
Post #: 3
Hi All,

I know our organizers have life outside the meetup but I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a once a week structured Korean language meeting. I am willing to invite committed members to my place in Belmont.

Unfortunately I can't organize my way out of a wet paper bag. I was thinking we could have a dinner I don't mind paying for a small group but should be Korean food. Then we take about a half hour lecture and practice then I don't know what else. But I learn better when there is a goal and structure for each meeting. I could accommodate 3 people due to lack of chairs but if we are okay on sitting on the floor then I don't mind up to 5. Hoping to have an even number

Of course I need someone to volunteer to play teacher and the group level will be intermediate. Basically I want to focus on expanding vocabulary, culture, etc. Also hoping the teacher can find us books or something that we can use.

I don't mind ferrying people to the caltrains or samtrans. Also I am willing to give up my kitchen and buy the groceries for the meeting. I only ask that the people meeting shows absolute commitment. I am hoping for regular Friday or Saturday meetings since i work graveyard.

I also work shifts so there are going to be some weeks due to work that times may change or may cancel.
Please let me know if there is any interest in this.
rett
user 7126992
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 11
Hi Bryan,

That's a great idea. In fact we've had a long running Korean language study group lead by a number of Meetup members. Unfortunately, our latest soensengnim is working at an internship in LA at the moment. The last I've heard, his plans were still to come back and resume classes in the Fall, but, of course, such things are subject to change.

Really, I've been feeling quit guilty about not taking the initiative to get things going again, but I've been swamped lately. ili nommu manayo. We where meeting at Cup 'n Cake, a coffee shop in the Inner Richmond on Geary. It's Korean run and they had a table in the back that we could reserve for weekend lessons.

Your offer to use your place is a very generous one. But I think Belmont is going to be problematic for many member, especially those coming from the east bay. Maybe we could post this to the wider group to gage what the interest is.

The other aspect of the class is that we have a wide spectrum of Korean ability, with most of us far from even a basic fluency. So, it's quite possible that anything you would find 'not boring' would be too advanced for the rest of us.