Atlanta Korean Language Meetup Group Message Board › Language Exchange: Academic Group

Language Exchange: Academic Group

Sophia
razorbelle
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
It seems that the existing structure of the language exchange is perfectly suited for:

a) absolute beginners that want to become more familiar with Hangeul and basic Korean phrases

b) advanced speakers that want to practice conversational Korean in a casual atmosphere

However, I think that there are at least some of us that are in between and would like engage in a more structured learning experience. Therefore, I propose that we start an "academic" subgroup for those that want accelerate our Korean language learning; this is how we can get from group A to group B!

For those interested in participating, I would suggest the following:

1. print these Hangeul flashcards so we can discuss the spelling of Korean words (must be printed double-sided)

2. purchase Integrated Korean: Beginning 1 and Integrated Korean: Beginning 2

3. post in this thread so I know how many would like to participate!

I suppose we can decide whether we would like to meet during the existing language exchanges, in addition to them, or perhaps even study independently during the week and quiz each other at the meetups. Let me know what you think! ^_^
Rayanne W.
Rayanne
Norcross, GA
Post #: 4
Hi Sophia!

As I said on Sunday, I would be glad to have some study buddies to work with. Even if it's just the two of us, getting together regularly and having designated "assignments" would help keep me motivated with my learning. I just ordered the books so I'll let you know when I get them and maybe we can set up a time to meet. :-)

Rayanne
Jiyoun R.
user 81450092
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Sophia and Rayanne! I'd love to help you guys with Korean. Just let me know how I can be helpful. :)
Rayanne W.
Rayanne
Norcross, GA
Post #: 5
Jiyoun,

That would be REALLY great. You were so helpful on Sunday. I hope my books come soon so we can get started! :-)
Rayanne W.
Rayanne
Norcross, GA
Post #: 6
Jiyoun,

That would be REALLY great. You were so helpful on Sunday. I hope my books come soon so we can get started! :-)
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes, I am very interested in this. I already have Integrated Korean Beginning 1 + the workbook. Thank you!!!
Sophia
razorbelle
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Jiyoun, thank you so very much!

Now that we have sufficient interest, we need only a suitable time and place to begin our studies! Let's start with time; what is everyone's availability?

While I am a full-time student, I take all of my classes in the late morning and early afternoon. My work can be done at a cafe or from home so my availability is quite open and flexible. I suppose Rayanne and I can work around others' schedules.
A former member
Post #: 4
I work and go to school. I am only available on weekends after 2pm, for this semester.
Rayanne W.
Rayanne
Norcross, GA
Post #: 7
If we're doing weekends, Saturday is better for me. Weekdays I'm good just about any time but Monday evenings are probably the best.
Sophia
razorbelle
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
It seems like Saturday afternoons and evenings would be best. Now where would y'all be interested in meeting? Anywhere accessible by MARTA is fine with me. By the way, I live near L5P and EAV. ^_^

What is your availability like Jiyoun?