Atlanta Korean Language Meetup Group Message Board › Language Exchange: Academic Group

Language Exchange: Academic Group

Jiyoun R.
user 81450092
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
I'm free anytime on Thursdays, Friday afternoons, and Saturday afternoons. I live near castleberry hill, sw of downtown. :)
Sophia
razorbelle
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
Maybe we could all meet on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday afternoons at the GSU Student Center? They have conference rooms available to meet in. Otherwise, there are plenty of coffee shops around in downtown and midtown. What do you all think?
A former member
Post #: 5
I live in Duluth; I don't mind driving downtown every now and again, but if we can rotate places, that would be cool. I want to trade in my car this year so I am watching my miles on my car. :) I am definitely willing to meet halfway. Thursdays evenings after 5pm I can do this semester, along with Saturday and Sunday after 2pm.
Jiyoun R.
user 81450092
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Conference room at GSU student center sounds good but is there any free parking around? I used to ride a bike to downtown but I can't anymore. and are we studying Integrated Korean 1 or 2?
Rayanne W.
Rayanne
Norcross, GA
Post #: 8
Hi everyone!

Jiyoun and I talked a little on Sunday. What do folks think about meeting at the library at Agnes Scott in Decatur instead? There are lots of places we could study, it's near MARTA, and there is plenty of free parking in the ASC parking deck.

Sophia, as far as the level, where did you leave off in your studies? I'm thinking we can blow through Level 1 pretty quickly. I think I have most of it but running through the grammar notes can fill in some gaps for me and working the vocab would be good for me too.

Roxanne, it seems like you're sort of at a more beginner level so my thoughts are either 1.) start studying really hard to try to catch up, at least the alphabet and basic words and grammar, or 2.) see if there are some other beginners who want to get together as another group. If you're interested in option 2, maybe we could all meet at the same time and share Jiyoun's FABULOUS teaching skills.
A former member
Post #: 6
Yes, I definitely want to get with you guys for the 1st session at least and see how it works for me as I am a beginner. I have been studying the alphabet really hard (thank you for the Korean Letters app---it has worked out GREAT). Free parking sounds great to me! Thank you!
Jiyoun R.
user 81450092
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
Rayanne, it sounds like a plan! :)