Feb 8, 2014 · 12:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Hi, Everyone, this is not a meetup per se, but I would like to welcome you all to meet at the Korean Focus-Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington annual Lunar New Year celebration. If there are families who are looking for something fun for the kids to welcome the Year of the Horse, this is a great way to do it. All are welcome!
Korean Focus – KUMCGW 2014 Lunar New Year Celebration
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
12 – 1 pm – Registration 1 – 4 pm – Program
Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington
1219 Swinks Mill Rd, McLean, VA 22102
Fee: $20/family or $5/person
Come and welcome 2014, the Year of the Horse, at Korean Focus’s largest annual event, made possible each year through the help and generosity of the Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington.
* Enjoy performances of Korean music and dance by the Korean Traditional Dance Team under the direction of Mrs. Hee Kyung Lee. The team will perform the Mask, Drum and Fan dances during the opening ceremony, and will teach a workshop during the activity sessions.
* Taste your favorite Korean foods, brought to you by Chef Jae Ok Chang, author of the Korean cookbook series Vignette of Korean Cooking. Chef Chang will provide the days refreshments, and will also give Korean cooking demonstrations throughout the day.
* Play traditional Korean games, like yut and tuho
* Ride the hallyu wave at a Seoul noraebang
* Shop for beautiful Korean handicrafts, art, jewelry, toys and more at the Ginkgo Leaf Arts Korean craft sale
* Try your luck at the annual New Year raffle
* Make a craft to take home to remember the fun
For more information: http://www.koreanfocus.org/2014/01/kf-kumcgw-new-year-feb-8-mclean/