Announcing a new Meetup for Fun Korean Culture, Language, Music & Food (& ESL) DC VA MD!
What: Culture Chats #2 - Discussion about Korean Travel & Cultural Understanding
When: Saturday, July 17,[masked]:30 PM
Woo Lae Oak in Tysons Corner
8240 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182
In our second Culture Chats event, we'll have a part-presentation, part-discussion event. Our first event is here
. (We are still open for a few volunteers to help us greet people, and also to share their cultural or travel experiences - contact the organizer if you can help out)
한국 문화에 대해 알고 싶으신 분 꼭 오세요. ^^
한국 스낵도 준비되어 있어요~~
6:30pm - 7:30pm - Start
- arrive & socialize, watch K-clips (pop music, films, stories)
7:30pm - Eat
- order food, continue to discuss & socialize
8pm - Presentation & Discussion Starts:Part 1
- New Presentation of the "Top 10 cultural differences"
A humorous list of differences & misunderstanding that people have found between Korean and American cultures.
- Top 10 list of Korean cultural differences
- Top 10 list of American cultural differences
- Other cultural items of interest
- Travel Talk - South Korea
A talk about our travel experiences in Korea, and share souvenirs, etc. If you've never been to South Korea, join us to find out about topics such as:
Plus - a special "Learn 10 Korean words in 1 minute" session!
- What To Do
- Where To Go - Seoul, Pusan, Jejudo (Jeju Island)
- Hotels people liked - or didn't
- Language tips
- Cultural tips & differences to be aware of
- Tips from Koreans on travel & life in Korea
- Other stuff: currency exchange, transportation, shopping
The location is Woo Lae Oak restaurant - private room in front.
People who need rides can be picked up at the >< Metro station at 6pm, and dropped off afterwards.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/koreans/calendar/13773940/