addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New Meetup: Charity Happy Hour at Eyebar!

From: Jessica
Sent on: Monday, November 10, 2008 5:31 PM
Announcing a new Meetup for Fun Korean Culture & Language: Metro DC, Virginia & Maryland!

What: Charity Happy Hour at Eyebar!

When: December 5,[masked]:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: Time to get together for our next young Asian professional happy hour! Spread the word, mix and mingle with new and familiar faces, have some fun, and help support a good cause! Suggested $5 donation.

We'll be benefiting Asian American Success, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide young Asian American and other minority high school / college students with leadership development and social networking opportunities to become active leaders in the community. Please note 80% of proceeds will go to the 2009 Asian American Success Scholarship Program, the remaining 20% will go to the 20s & 30s Asian group to cover meetup fees and expenses.

This is a multi-group event, so let me know if there are any other groups that wish to join!

The following groups will be joining us so far:

. 20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group
. Vietnamese Professionals
. OCA-YP (Org. for Chinese Americans, Young Professionals)
. OCA-NOVA (Org. for Chinese Americans, Northern VA)
. CCCCDC (Chinatown Community Cultural Center)
. Northern VA Chinese Language
. DC / MD / VA Taiwan Meetup
. UNA-NCA YPIC Asia Pacific

DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy beats for us. Our happy hours typically bring out 150 - 250 people, and I wouldn't be surprised with a similar turnout this time around. For those that haven't been there before, Eyebar has recently been revamped / renovated. It features sleek, modern d?cor, cushy furniture, and trendy lighting.

To help continue the friendly tone of this group... I'd like to again encourage each person to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE at this event.

--

Right next to Farragut West Metro stop (orange or blue line). Suggest metro / cabbing it (esp. during rush hour), recommend using wmata for travel plans.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com/koreans/calendar/9134756/

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy