We're sorry, the page you're looking for hasn't been written yet. Feel free to let the Organizer know — it might have been overlooked.
Hello! This successful international culture group in Washington DC, Maryland & Virginia (& Korea!), founded in 2006, has over 1300 members. Happy New Year 2013!
Korean Waves in 2012 went GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) in DC, VA, & MD! The Korean cultural sensation - Korean singer Psy - and now international star inspired many of us with his hit song (oppan) Gangnam Style.
Join a group that includes its own stars... our members! And yes, we do have stars at some of our events... sometimes announced, sometimes...not.
...you are joining the largest Korean-focused meetup in the USA,
and the 2nd-(or 3rd)-largest in the world.
We've been featured in newspapers, radio, and on Korean TV.
Thanks for stopping by!
What is being a member of our group like? It is wonderful and more. We focus on quality events, sharing food, language, and more. Many members are actively learning Korean - and English - and we welcome help from native speakers. 도와주시겠어요? Native Korean language speakers welcome.
It is easy to join in and enjoy your experiences with our group. Most of our events are "in English" and do not require Korean language ability. ESL (English-as-a-Second Language) learners are welcome here.
Our new 2012 video is packed with years of fun meetup activities...
...the video needs to be 3 times longer to fit it all of what we've done together! Check out the highlights from Tamara Kim farther down on this page.
Join this group if you are interested in learning Korean, or if you are Korean and want to share the culture & language with others (& perhaps enjoy English conversation). Meet with others in the area who are also interested in aspects of Korean culture, music, language, & food. All levels of proficiency are welcome! Our members share their own cultures... American, Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, others), European (French, Spanish, others), African, Middle Eastern, and some day even Antarctican ;-) !
The meetups are fun events, and many friendships continue to be formed every month. This group gets together to explore & share lots of common interests, & help learn as well. The group is open to adult members from anywhere, and has meetings in the Washington DC Metro Area (North, South, East, West). The members can attend, and also volunteer to help organize events and other activities... a non-profit community-powered group.
Here's our friend & group member Tamara Kim's concert highlights
We have expanded resources on our Meetup Group Pages:
1) EVENTS: Our next get-togethers are posted in the calendar section, in DC, Virginia & Maryland, and emails go out to members for updates. See the Calendar for more details, or take a look at the photos -> [url= http://korean.meetup.com/141/photos]. Post ideas for events here: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/calendar/suggest/
Some of our events have also been in the news. You can read (and see) more here: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Waves_In_The_News/
2) KOREAN LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
* Korean Alphabet - Hangul: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Language_-_Alp...
* Korean Language - Learning: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Language_-_Lea...
* Korean Language Videos - http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Language_-_Vid...
Previous words of the week: Earthquake = jijin. Charity = jajen.
Semi-permanent word of the week is noraebang - "song room" or private karaoke room.
Previous Words of the Week are posted here: http://korean.meetup.com/141/messages/boards/view/viewthr...
3) KOREAN FOOD & RESTAURANTS -
Our page of prior event locations and resources for local places to find Korean food: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Food_and_Resta...
4) Travel to South Korea: (more coming soon) http://www.meetup.com/koreans/calendar/10435110/
5) Korean Reference & News sites: (video) Korean Waves In The News
6) Korean Adoption/Adoptees - http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/Korean_Adoption_and_A...
7) ESL - English as a Second Language: http://www.meetup.com/koreans/pages/ESL_-_English_As_A_Se...
See you at an event!
If you are interested in promoting your Korean-related organization or any business, let us know (don't spam the members). If we don't get back to you right away, try again. And the video below is from one of our many free Korean cooking meetup events:
3,937 Asian Going Out Rockstars!
Thursday, Jun 06
Friday, May 24
816 Spanish lovers!
Tuesday, May 28
1,191 ESL Friends
Saturday, Jun 08
11,752 Hikers Having Good Times
Saturday, May 25
Saturday, May 25