MySQL/Golden Gate Workshops for Heterogeneous Environments - New Workshop!
This new workshop will walk you through the set up of MySQL and GoldenGate, use GoldenGate to upgrade your DB with near zero downtime, replicate data between heterogeneous environments, set up active-active environments with conflict resolution, and implement data transformation.
Location: El Segundo, CA Login to OTN to register (Invite)
8:30 - 9:00 AM
Breakfast & Laptop Setup
9:00 - 9:15 AM
Welcome & Introductions
9:15 - 10:30 AM
Introduction to MySQL & GoldenGate: Overview and Architecture
10:30 - 10:45 AM
10:45- 11:15 AM
Set up GoldenGate Environment
11:15- 12:15 PM
Upgrade Oracle 10g to 11g with Zero Down Time
12:15 – 1:15 PM
1:15- 2:30 PM
Replication from MySQL 5.5 to Oracle 11g
2:30 - 3:30 PM
Active/Active Data Replication with Conflict Detection and Resolution
3:30 - 4:00 PM
4:00 - 4:30 PM
Wrap up and discussions
Real-Time Data Integration with Oracle GoldenGate.
Oracle GoldenGate offers low-impact capture, routing, transformation, and delivery of change data across heterogeneous systems in real time. The software helps organizations achieve continuous availability and real-time integration for their mission-critical data.
Please join us for this interactive workshop in a hands-on lab environment where you will hear the best practices for architecting GoldenGate. No knowledge or experience in using GoldenGate or Oracle Database is required.This workshop is intended for customers that are interested in seeing the capabilities of GoldenGate, and is NOT intended to replace formal GoldenGate training.
Attendees of this workshop will gain new insights and hands-on experience with the following features of Oracle GoldenGate:
- Installing and Configuring Oracle GoldenGate
- Enabling One Way Replication between Oracle and Non-Oracle Databases
- Performing Zero Downtime DB Upgrades and Migrations.
- Two Way Active/Active Data Replication including Conflict Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Verification of Data between Source and Target
- Utilizing new features including OEM Plug-In for GoldenGate
Note: Seating is limited to 20 attendees per event. A waiting list will be generated when workshop is at capacity.
Laptop computer with wireless network card (Windows XP with SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7.)
- User must have full administration privileges to the Laptop computer
- Internet Explorer (6.0 or above) with Active X enabled
- VNC Client – TightVNC is recommended.
- Putty (Optional)
Date & Location
200 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Suite 400 El Segundo, CA