|Sent on:||Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:47 AM|
Our wonderful sponsors of the last meetup, Gorilla Nation, are looking for a DBA. The full job description is here:
Their careers page is here:
Database Management Engineer
Gorilla Nation® is the world's largest online ad sales rep firm. We exclusively represent over 500 leading web publishers and offer integrated media and promotional programs to Fortune 500 brand advertisers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position may include some or all of the following:
• Install, maintain and tune MySQL databases supporting a network of web sites and high volume transaction systems.
• Lead development, maintain, evaluate and document administration of data base tools and strategies.
• Responsible for cross training of and after-hours support to the group of infrastructure personnel assigned to a particular on-call shift in 24 x 7 high availability environments.
• Co-lead implementations of comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
• Responsible for working with matrixes teams on design application schemas/integrity, and conduct performance tuning/optimization.
• Responsible for monitoring of database applications.
• Responsible for minor database programming / scripting on an adhoc basis.
• Three years experience as a MySQL DBA.
• Design and support development, testing and production database instances in highly transactional web environment.
• Strong technical skills in Unix or Linux platforms.
• Working knowledge of MySQL 5.X and MySQL EM.
• MySQL replication and other high availability environment experience.
• Good understanding of internet applications and its workflow technology.
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
• LAMP experience is a strong plus.
• MySQL DBA or DBE certification is a strong plus.
• Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus.
• Experience supporting commercial software or technology based product development.
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in a related field.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility , but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
This is a full time position and salary D.O.E. Employees will receive health, vision, and dental after an introductory period. In addition, 401K, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability benefits are provided.