The Los Angeles MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › Sr. Developer for Sometrics/American Express in El Segundo
|A former member||
Sometrics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express, helps publishers monetize online games through virtual currency with the industry's most advanced in-game payment and optimization platform and consumer digital goods marketplace. Please visit: www.sometrics.com.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work for a cutting edge start-up while leveraging the resources and foundation of a prestigious, globally recognized 160-year old brand.
The Senior Web Developer in the Application Development team takes the role of application developer in a product team. This role is responsible for working closely with the development team to develop new system capabilities as defined within the technical and/or functional specifications.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As a Senior Web Developer, this role is responsible for:
• Leads small, intermediate and large size projects.
• Designs system solutions.
• Develops custom applications and modifies existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
• Handles coding, debugging and documentation.
• Supports the QA group in developing test plans and test scripts.
• Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer.
All qualified candidates must possess the following core qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to design and assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software
• Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams
• Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support
• Ability to produce well-written technical documentation
Candidates must have demonstrated excellent oral/written communication skills, and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management. The candidate must have demonstrated an ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills to meet schedules.
• Experienced developer with strong PHP skillset including OOP concepts
• Understanding of common software design patterns (MVC, Factory, etc)
• Knowledge of SQL and data architecture
• Familiarity with common web protocols including HTTP and OAuth
• Experience with automated testing tools a plus (PHPUnit, Selenium, etc)
• Experience working with social network APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 3-5 years development experience
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
Check out these videos on Amex careers: http://bit.ly/qtuk4H...
To apply please follow the link: