The Los Angeles MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › MySQL Topics?
San Jose, CA
I started thinking of past MySQL topics I've offered to other groups. Some of them, I've presented to UUASC, SGVLUG, and even my own LAMPSIG. Others, well, just never made it to paper, but they should be simple enough that someone else here could seize upon if they wanted to discuss it...
- NDB Distributed Clustering
- MySQL Replication
- Load Balancing
- Permissions and Security pitfalls
- Making use of information_schema meta-data
- Interpreting EXPLAIN output
- All those crazy logs
- Things you should index
- Using Maatkit
- Using Zabbix
- "Why would I use THAT storage engine?"
- How to recover from the power-tripping junior DBA that you never should have hired who tried to lock your entire company out of the database as a job security measure but only made things worse.
I can talk on any of these, but I wanted to give other potential speakers an idea first.
Santa Monica, CA