The Los Angeles MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › Opportunity for a MySQL DBA
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a MySQL DBA for our Direct Client.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contract to Hire Opportunity
• Install, maintain and tune MySQL databases supporting a network of web sites and high volume transaction systems.
• Lead development, maintain, evaluate and document administration of data base tools and strategies.
• Responsible for cross training of and after-hours support to the group of infrastructure personnel assigned to a particular on-call shift in 24 x 7 high availability environments.
• Co-lead implementations of comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
• Responsible for working with matrixes teams on design application schemas/integrity, and conduct performance tuning/optimization.
• Responsible for monitoring of database applications.
• Responsible for minor database programming / scripting on an adhoc basis.
• Three years experience as a MySQL DBA.
• Seven years experience as a DBA or systems engineer.
• Design and support development, testing and production database instances in highly transactional web environment.
• Strong technical skills in Unix or Linux platforms.
• Working knowledge of MySQL 5.X and MySQL EM.
• MySQL replication and other high availability environment experience.
• Good understanding of internet applications and its workflow technology.
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills.
• LAMP experience is a strong plus.
• MySQL DBA or DBE certification is a strong plus.
• Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus.
• Experience supporting commercial software or technology based product development.
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in a related field.
If you or any of your friends are interested, please send your resume ASAP...