5th LAAPGSM Picnic, Sports and Games of 2013 . . this time in Rowland Heights!!
Picnic, Sports and "cool" Games in mid-September!
(RSVP-must complete entry on potluck spreadsheet) CLICK HERE
• What: Join LA Asian Professionals for the 5th 2013 fun picnic, sports, and games in the park!
• Where: Schabarum Regional Park, Rowland Heights (17250 E. Colima Rd., Rowland Heights) MAP HERE
• When: Saturday, September 14th @ 10:00 A.M. ~ Sunset (whatever makes you happy)
YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS . . ? The weather as we know it will shortly transition to early-Fall like temps. But there's still time for you to get your body in shape. You had fun the last few times @ the park and beach, so let's do it again!
Come out and dress like you are ready to dive right in and get a little dirty to play one of the fun sports, NO EXCUSES ~~~ NEWSFLASH: We're going to have lots of fun with a series of team-games to build teamwork and hand out prizes to the deserving team:
• Capture the flags
• Water balloon toss
• 3-legged/potato sack race
• Frog jumping (relay race)
• Tug of war
• Bucket games
We'll also play the following sports: ultimate frisbee, tennis, touch-football, kickball, volleyball. In between the activities, we'll break and enjoy a delicious potluck picnic with old and new buddies! Come by as early as you can as we'll go from 10:00 A.M. to Sunset on a perfect sunny California day before you attend temple or church the very next day :-)
WHAT TO BRING: Besides yourself and friend(s), please bring your favorite dish that you’d like to share that's worth at least USD$10 (bring enough for yourself and a few others). If you choose not to bring a dish, a $15 Donation will be accepted.
Suggested foods to bring: appetizers, meat entree, noodles/fried rice, vegetables, fruits, desserts, water/juice/ice. FEW chips, sodas or NOT too many desserts, please.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE POTLUCK SPREADSHEET AND TAKE OWNERSHIP TO BRINGING MANY ENTREES AND FEW APPETIZERS!
Please post the dishes on volunteer SS (CLICK HERE) and try not to duplicate what others already has commit to bringing. Thx for your cooperation in advance. ***If anyone has tennis rackets / football / any games they'd like to play, please let us know or just bring them o.k.! This event is co-promoted with Asian Groupting, Entourage, and OCAP.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
If you have not done so already please click on potluck spread sheet link and indicate what potluck item(s) you will be bringing:
POTLUCK SPREAD SHEET
PARKING & CARPOOL:
• Parking fee is $6.
• Carpooling is highly recommended! Post if you can drive or need a ride. *Please be courteous and help your driver with gas and parking $.
• Feel free to park at the mall across the street, or on Azusa Street - but you will have to walk 4,000 feet to our meeting spot (be advised to pls check the street signs).
MEETING POINT: Mountain View Picnic Area (Restroom #7)
See below for step by step directions:
1. Head east on Colima Rd to Schabarum Park. Macy’s will be across the street from the park entrance.
2. Pay $6 at toll booth per car and head straight and follow the paved road. Drive about .5 mile (pass gazebo, tennis court and hummingbird/ butterfly garden on left side). Cross the bridge.
3. After crossing the bridge, you’ll arrive at Mountain view picnic area / restroom #7 on your right side. Park here.
4. Walk straight between Mountain View picnic area and restroom number 7. Once you cut through the picnic tables, you will see a hill going downward. Walk down the hill. Find the group at the shaded picnic area with the Volleyball Court/Net already setup.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Safety is a priority for everyone in the group. The function of the event organizer is only to organize the event and I assume absolutely no responsibility for you/your guests. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions. If you choose to sign up for any LAAPGSM Meetup event, you are releasing the LAAPGSM Meetup Group and it's organizers from all liability arising from your and your guest's participation in the group activities. Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience. Any photos and/or videos taken becomes the property of the group and you agree to post them on the meetup site.