Length: 7+ miles round trip
Elevation Gain: 1300 feet
Time: 3-4 hours
A 7.8 mile (round trip) hike from Pacific Palisades to a beautiful overlook in Topanga State Park. We will start from Los Liones Trail, a beautiful trail that runs through a lush canyon with amazing costal views.
The trail will cross with the fire roads in Topanga State Park and make a steep ascent to reach Parker Mesa. Once at the lookout, we’ll get panoramic views of the Santa Monica Bay, downtown LA, as well as snow covered-San Gabriels Mountains (on a clear day). We will stop at the lookout to watch the sunset. Bring a windbreaker or jacket, it's very windy at the lookout.
More info about this hike:
- From the Pacific Coast Highway, take Sunset Blvd exit.
- Turn left on Los Liones Drive.
- Drive half mile on Los Liones Drive until you see a church on your left, and look for street parking. Do NOT park in the Church's Parking Lot
- We'll meet at the trailhead just past the church.
- Bring flashlight or headlight
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglass
- Hiking boots / athletic shoes with good traction
- 2 liters of water, snacks
- Trekking poles
- dress accordingly to weather
CARPOOL for people in SGV:
We will carpool for this hike, as parking space is limited around the area
If you'd like to carpool, let's meet at 1:30 pm at 1201 South Fremont Av. Alhambra, CA 91803 (Kohl's Alhambra)
Join us for dinner after hike, at Upper West
3321 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA. 90404
By attending this event, you are voluntarily participating at your own risk and agree to assume all responsibility for yourself. You do not hold the organizers or the LAAPGSM group responsible in any way.