Seattle Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Doodle Romps Message Board › hip dysplasia in goldendoodle

hip dysplasia in goldendoodle

Gerene and Paul H.
user 10575355
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
Has anyone else had the diagnosis of hip dysplasia and spinal degeneration in their Golderndoodle. Our sweet Maggie is only 4 years old and was limping so we went to the vet and found our with xrays that she has hip dysplasia and spinal degeneration.l We are giving her pain meds and glucosamine. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done? We are heart broken to have this happen and want to find out everything possible to help her.
LAURA & BAILEY &...
user 10534162
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 28
our goldendoodle has hip dysplasia but we took her in and had her legs fix..She is a lot bettler
Gerene and Paul H.
user 10575355
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
What did she have done , who did the surgery and what was the cost? Thank you for any help.
LAURA & BAILEY &...
user 10534162
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 29
we had to have surgery on her front legs,not cheep, 5000 yes that's right five thousand for both front legs. Here is the place we had it done at. Animal Surgical Clinic shoreline wa 206-545-4322 Baily is 4 we had it done when she was 8 mo old. let me know if you need any thing more Laura
Becky
user 4141689
Group Organizer
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 231
We had one hip replacement for our dog and it was about $7200.00 from the first diagnosis to the recovery of the surgery. Pet insurance would have covered this so we now have it on our younger dog. I have seen doodles have hip dysplasia, just like any large breed it can happen. The smaller doodles can have knee issues as well.
Brigitte
user 9931401
Seattle, WA
Post #: 23
OMG! I am so sorry to hear! A friend's F1 Goldendoodle came down with Hip dysplasia at age 5 yrs old. after correcting one hip to the ca-tshink of $3500 she was much better for a year. Now the other hip is showing up as trouble. This was to be foreseen, but regretful none-the-less. I tried to do good research for the puppy I got, but still, who knows. Perhaps a complete hysterectomy/testicle removal is a contributing factor. Certainly there are hereditary predispositions in both breeds. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine does help to take down the inflammation and if caught early, with time, can rehabilitate the bone tissue. Doesn't work in all cases, but worth a try as far as I am concerned before going under the knife. I am a Chinese Medical Professional (Acupuncture/Herbs) for people. I can refer to a classmate who was a veterinarian when we went to school, so she could practice Chinese Medicine on animals. We had awesome successes with mine. Let me know if this appeals. A book I recommend reading is Ted Kapchuck's Pukka's Promise.
Best of luck and health to you and your 4-legged sweetheart.