Seattle Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Doodles Meetup Message Board › Kirkland Flea and Tick Treatment?

Kirkland Flea and Tick Treatment?

Traci J.
user 12336556
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
Has anyone been using this Costco product? It was right below the Frontline Plus I was about to buy, but it was less than half the price. I succumbed and went cheap. I used one application on Ellie yesterday (seemed like a lot of thicker oily stuff in the vial), and then later read horrible reviews online. Should I return it?
Becky S.
user 52669472
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I have NOT used it before but I've heard someone else used it & on their Goldendoodle & he had a bad skin reaction & was warned not to use this cheap medication!
This is what she said: Kirkland Flea Treatment made Jordan bald! Annie is fine but Jordan has a large and red/sore spot about the size of my palm on her back. I've used "generic" frontline before but this is just wrong. This was also the first treatment of flea season I've put on them. Yes, Costco will be hearing about it! I'm more than upset...... Yes, I know it's a side effect. It says so on the box..... I gave her a bath to get it off, and I have been putting aloe on it. It looks better. It's not vet worthy red or sore and it's not spreading.
Andrea And T.
DoodleDo
Everett, WA
Post #: 8
Tinsley has sensitive skin and I have been using the flea pill, think its called Comfortus. Works great, no allergic reaction, and effective on fleas within hours...also don't have to worry about taking him swimming...works great on my lab too...I would skip the costco knock off, I tried the walmart knock off that was also suppose to have the active ingredient as Frontline and it never worked...
Traci J.
user 12336556
Seattle, WA
Post #: 21
Thanks. I am marching this back to Costco. It left a big greasy skid mark up Ellie's back and no amount of brushing is getting rid of it.
candace b.
user 51422982
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
One way to avoid this problem is to use an alternative. I use Body Guard, available at All The Best, and it works great. We haven't used any chemicals on Mike for about 1 1/2 years. Body Guard is a food supplement that is good for your dog (and cats) and it really works. I was skeptical at first, but I really wanted to try and avoid using pesticides. I'm happy to report that we haven't seen any fleas on Mike since we started using it. Give it a try!
Becky
user 4141689
Group Organizer
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 229
I've used it on our foster dogs and my parents on a limited income use it but it is more oily and leaves a residue on the dog. Supposedly they improved it recently, we shall see!