Seattle Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Doodle Romps Message Board › Best doodle groomer near Woodinville

Best doodle groomer near Woodinville

jenn
user 109251772
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 2
Any recommendations for a first groom for my 5 mth. old doodle near Woodinville would be greatly appreciated!! I bathe and brush him myself regularly but have never had him clipped and want to make sure he has a good first experience and stays looking like a cute teddy bear smile I think I might try The Pet Wash in Woodinville (spoke on phone to Sonya who seemed knowledgeable) but would love a good recommendation smile Thanks
bob, diane, baker ...
DianeSchupp
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 11
We have never been disappointed by Lynette at Cascade Kennels in Woodinville. She does a great job on our two doodles :)
jenn
user 109251772
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 4
Thanks smile
A former member
Post #: 2
NOOOOOO!! Please check with your breeder about their recommendations as to what his adult coat type will be! Once I made the mistake of taking my then-puppy with silky locks to Maser's who ignored every instruction I wrote on THEIR FORM, his coat was never the same. Continue to wash him and comb him out yourself. Puppy coats change at around 18 months so you don't really know what you've got until that change has occurred. I was also referred to Sonya and The Pet Wash and was pretty much very disappointed with the results. No kidding when they say "we don't do scissor cuts." My dog came blown out (no more soft Teddy Bear curls) and looked like a blonde "puffy" Cheeto with an all over Afro, featuring sausage shaped body and legs. His fur looked frizzy from head to toe!! Plus they massacred his tail, muzzle and top of his head - all ratty, flat top head. Zero styling finesse. Sonya and the man who works there were unwilling to work out some of those mats under the muzzle by cutting down through them (away from dog) as other groomers have done. The man said "it's a very bad idea to use scissors in dog grooming." WHAT? Then why do professional groomer supply catalogs carry multiple price ranges of Master Groomer scissors?? I shudder to think the pain he went through since it appears they tried to remove the matts using just combing and brute force. I'm sorry to have to give a thumbs down, I've been searching for the right groomer for four years. Check with your breeder, most knowledgeable ones know that scissor cuts are the way to go with certain Doodle coats (like my dog's). Obviously, there are folks who are ok with their service the only reason I can think of is that their doodle has a different type of coat. They seem oriented toward small breeds clipped down with bows and such.
Molly D.
user 38498302
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
We have had really good luck lately with Canine Academy of Behavior. Carol left and the new groomer in there is Courtney. She's great with our mini doodle and listens to my instructions (I like the ears a little shorter to keep the teddy bear look). She has been consistent in the way she grooms our Gabby over the last 6 cuts. Also I pay less there than I have anywhere else so that's a bonus.
jenn
user 109251772
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 5
Thanks for the info on Pet Wash, maybe thinking now I will wait. I LOVE his long teddy bear look he has going just afraid of missing the boat with him getting use to going to a groomer. I am a hair dresser and use my old scissors on him and he looks cute, but it's getting so long I'm feeling like it's harder to keep up. But no mats at all, super soft so maybe just try someone for a sani trim? (having to rinse him off back there too often) and help with his nails. Thanks for the advise.