Seattle Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Doodle Romps Message Board › Puppy Manners Nail Trimming class was SO much more!

Puppy Manners Nail Trimming class was SO much more!

Wendy A.
user 14656126
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
I attended the nail trimming class with Dave Bishop at Puppy Manners yesterday and would like to say that this class is a MUST! Even if you never plan to trim your Doodle's nails yourself, you will benefit from this class. You will never look at your dog's feet the same way again.

Since I regularly take my dogs to the groomer I didn't think I would need such a class. I also felt it was way TOO SCARY to attempt nail trimming myself. However, my doodles' nails are TOO LONG, even after grooming and/or getting them cut at the vet. Friends told me that the nails were cut properly, right where the nail curves, so it was just that my dogs had unusually long straight nails (both of them???) Well, those nails seemed too long to me, especially the middle toes. Zeke likes to slap and has caught me in the face a couple of times....not fun. So this year I signed up for the class.

Well, I not only learned WHY those nails are too long, I learned HOW to fix them! The class is three hours long and it actually went about 45 minutes over because of the question/answer period at the end. I learned more than I could imagine about dog's feet and nails, nail trimming equipment, how to use the equipment, how to handle the dog, etc. I even got to practice with the equipment.

I left this class not only with a ton of information, but also with the CONFIDENCE that I can trim my dogs' nails by myself no problem. I have decided to use the dremel method and I am looking forward to getting my new dremel and will post an update after our first pedicure. I highly recommend this class. The information is priceless.