addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Heather
user 9792525
Auburn, WA
Post #: 1
Hi! I purchased my goldendoodle from a breeder in Grandview,WA. The first puppy was a red goldendoodle who passed away less than 2 weeks later from parvo. We got a replacement puppy who has socialization issues and allergies. I was wondering if there was anyone else who have purchased a goldendoodle from her? I am wondering any of her other puppies have had health concerns or bad experiences. If so, I may take further action in making sure she is up to par. Any information would be appreciated.
Adina P.
user 7293692
Seattle, WA
Post #: 34
Not sure what WA laws allow or if there are any 'puppy lemon laws' here...but it's worth spreading the word.
Did she have a health warranty at all? Any health testing on the parent dogs? In the future look for a breeder that does extensive health testing on the parents (hips, eyes, vwd, heart, etc) and offers a minimum 2 yr. health warranty. Does this Denice have a website? (you can message me privately about it if so).

Check out the posts I put up in this group about What Makes a GOOD breeder:

Part 1

Part 2

Good luck!
Heather
user 9792525
Auburn, WA
Post #: 2
Thanks!
I checked and there was a puppy lemon law, but I can't seem to find a current one? She has no website, but is called puppy be good. She claims to have been breeding for 14 years but according to the bbb website, she just started in April?? Other than that, there is nothing on her or her breeding. I just moved to this area in May (from midwest) and in the past my dogs have came from shelters. I really wanted a goldendoodle and had little experience with good breeders. She had NO health testing but guarantees their health??? I got no receipt and she vaccinated her own dogs, so who's to say they were even vaccinated? The first puppy had a great personality, but never played much..when he passed away she was quick to shift blame. I had to constantly call her to reach her. So, when I finally did, I felt I had to take what I could get since she would not do a refund. After my 2nd 6 hr trip to get dog #2, we found the dog had some socialization issues. She's scared of everybody and barks all the time. She has allergies and submissive pees at nearly every person she sees, especially my husband! Needless to say, we are VERY aware of what to look for now in a breeder! I saw the red flags, but I trusted her..big mistake. I was just curious if anyone else had purchased a dog from her and has had a similar experience? We love our Winnie and are considering purchasing another goldendoodle next year..already researching good breeders!
A former member
Post #: 8
If it is the same breeder that I'm thinking of, it is a puppy mill. The breeder won't allow buyers to her house to see the kennel. She'll bring the pup to meet the buyers elsewhere. She's been in business for longer than just this spring. (If it isn't the same breeder, then there are multiple bad actors in Grandview. Be careful!!)

I know of one pup that needed emergency treatment for roundworms. Was so badly infested and vomiting the worms so violently, new owner wasn't sure she'd make it the 45 min drive home. Went straight to the vet, not home, and needed to be hospitalized for 3 days.

Pls get your new pup checked thoroughly by a good vet!
LAURA & BAILEY &...
user 10534162
Edmonds, WA
Hi! I purchased my goldendoodle from a breeder in Grandview,WA. The first puppy was a red goldendoodle who passed away less than 2 weeks later from parvo. We got a replacement puppy who has socialization issues and allergies. I was wondering if there was anyone else who have purchased a goldendoodle from her (Denice)? I am wondering any of her other puppies have had health concerns or bad experiences. If so, I may take further action in making sure she is up to par. Any information would be appreciated.

omg i got my goldendoodle from her Bailey is 6mo old and has bad shoulder and Bailey is very unsocialize. How old is your puppy

Heather
user 9792525
Auburn, WA
Post #: 3
Oh really?! Winnie is soon to be 6 months. Her birthday is 4-2-09. I guess she was the last pick of the liter, she was the replacement from a younger goldendoodle we got from her. Winnie is a beautiful and large blond goldendoodle, but my husband and I are so frustrated because she has MAJOR submissive issues. She pees on everyone and is scared of my husband..she peas just when he tries to pet her. She is extremely hyper and am finding very difficult to train. She obviously has had very little socialization! She has allergies and can not ride in a car for the life of her. She peas, vomits and poos just by going down the block! We are very frustrated with her and I feel that for the price we paid...I should have been told of this before i got her (since she had her for 4 months!). She claims she was well socialized and 'healthy as an ox'..I think the breeder is VERY uneducated about the breed and is running a puppy mill to make extra $ on the side. My sister is a paralegal and has found some very interesting stuff on her. So your dog has shoulder issues? If they are from the same liter, i'm glad to know that. How did you find out? Oh yah, and the other puppy we got from her that was younger than Winnie died of parvo and she claimed it was all our fault..it took all we got just to get her to give us Winnie as a replacement...it was a mess!
LAURA & BAILEY &...
user 10534162
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 4
BAD BREEDER JUST FOUND OUT THAT BAILEY NEEDS SURGERY SOON AND YES I GOT MY DOODLE FROM DENICE RUNYON. NOT HAPPY BUT YES WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE SURGERY ABOUT 3000 WE LOVE HER WE TO WANT ANOTHER DOODLE DOING MY HOME WORK THANKS LAURA AND BAILEY OH AND LOOKING TO BUY A USED WIRE CAGE X LARGE THANKS
jenn
user 109251772
Woodinville, WA
I'm glad I saw these posts! I was set up to go see the golden-doodle puppies a Denice Runyon has next week. She now lives in Prosser WA. I wanted to come over labor-day week-end but she said she couldn't meet till the following week-end and I happen to be on this website and saw your posts from a couple years ago! I am very bummed, the pictures she sent me of the puppies were adorable and they were much more affordable then the breeders with the fancy websites. But I am getting a puppy because my kids will all be off to college by next year and the last thing I want is to be taking care of a sick animal with issues :(
Guess I am back to looking at the breeders who are charging a fortune :(
LAURA & BAILEY &...
user 10534162
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 30
If I was in your position, I would buy from a reputable breeder. cheeck out doodlekiss.com and take your time.
Becky
user 4141689
Group Organizer
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 234
It's sometimes easy to get "caught up" when we see puppies and throw caution to the wind and just get the puppy. Some people feel like they are rescuing a puppy when they go to a back yard breeder or what may be a "mill" breeder but as a trainer in the Seattle area this is the sad truth about some breeders. They play on your heart strings, they call you back within minutes when they want your money and when you have a problem with the puppy, you won't get a call back, or worse they blame you for the puppy being sick.

My advise to all who purchase a puppy, rescue a puppy, adopt a dog from a friend is to get pet insurance. Now days it's worth it, even if the puppy is from the best of breeders, things happen. My puppy is now age 2 and can't tell you how many times we needed it but it's paid for itself in the last year. He's healthy but he ate some socks, had a broken tooth, cut himself requiring treatment. All was covered and I was reimbursed 90% of my bill, minus the exam fee.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. They bring these little dogs into the world with no thought of consequences for those who adopt them. Since this breeder is on the BBB I would for sure file a report with them. Also you may report them to the State of Washington Business licensing department and check and see if she has a business license. There are penalties for having a business and not registering that business and having permits as well.
Also there are sites online for bad breeders. Can't remember where it was but we googled "bad doodle breeder" and there is a forum there with comments about breeders. A good breeder will get back to you even after they have your money. A breeder that drops off the radar once you have a problem, is not a good breeder no matter how great their dogs are. They have to be good, decent, ethical and moral people as well.

I use www.trupanion.com for my insurance but there is Healthy Paws Pet Insurance as well and I hear their premiums are a little better.

Hugs to all of you having to take on a "project puppy" and bless you for riding this out.

Becky Bishop
www.puppymanners.com
Organizer