addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Django Message Board › JavaScript, the next big language?

JavaScript, the next big language?

Eddie L.
user 43938662
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I brought this up in the meeting earlier this evening. I am taking a class in "Startup Engineering" offered on coursera. Here is the quote I was talking about in the meeting: "JS is the Future: Javascript (aka JS) is truly the Next Big Language. After the trace trees breakthrough in the late 2000s, fast JS interpreters became available in the browser
(v8), on the server (node.js), and even in databases (MongoDB). JSON as a readable
interchange format is likewise ubiquitous, and “everything that can be written in JS,
will be written in JS”. Probably the single best reference to get started in JS is Eloquent
Javascript." -- Balaji S. Srinivasa https://spark-public....­