Join us at DrupalCamp LA in Irvine, CA on Friday, July 27, 2012 for Drupal Best Practices, a full day of Drupal training! This class is being offered at a 60% discount off our normal prices.
Sign up today at http://www.larks.la/training
In this class, you'll learn about Drupal development best practices, including version control, using the Features module to keep your configuration changes in version control to the industry-approved deployment strategies that let you move smoothly through development, testing and live environments.
You'll also have a full day of access to the Drupal experts at Exaltation of Larks, a Drupal strategy, development, consulting and training company located in Los Angeles, and Chapter Three, your Drupal experts in the Bay Area.
Interested in training but on another topic?
Exaltation of Larks will be offering an introductory-level Drupal for Developers class on the same day, which is an ideal class for those who want to learn about Drupal from a with web development background in languages such as PHP, Java, or .NET.
This one-day workshop gives you a comprehensive tutorial on the right way to manage your Drupal website. You'll learn about version control for your code and ways to manage changes in your data. You’ll also see how the Features module can enable you to keep your configuration changes in version control.
We'll cover industry-approved deployment strategies that let you move smoothly through development, testing and live environments. You’ll get a high-level overview of how to modify the way your site looks by sub-theming, preventing hours of frustration should your original theme be updated.
What you will learn:
- Using version control with Drupal
- Maintaining development, testing and production environments
- Managing configuration changes using the Features module
- Creating a basic sub-theme
- Creating a basic module
- Understanding Drupal’s API and the hook system
Previous experience using Drupal, and a basic understanding of nodes, comments, blocks, modules, themes, custom content types, fields and views. Exaltation of Larks' and Chapter Three’s Drupal Site Building: Days 1-4 will satisfy this requirement.
What is provided:
- Participants will receive a printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities.
- Please bring your own laptop computer.
- Lunch is not provided. We are one floor down from a food court with Starbucks and a variety of food options.
- Free parking ($10 value) will be provided to the first 20 paid registrants. First-come, first-served. Those who are eligible will be sent parking instructions in advance of this class.