The LA Femme Society Message Board "Unofficial" Meet-ups › Venice Family Clinic One Day Volunteer Opportunity

Venice Family Clinic One Day Volunteer Opportunity

Anne
missannem
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 30
Hi Ladies,
I am a member of an organization called Gay for Good who goes out into the community once a month to complete a service project. This month we will be heading to the Venice Family Clinic. To participate you need to create a membership on the Gay for Good website and officially rsvp. You will NOT be bombarded with emails, only once a month to let you know of the upcoming project. Their web page is at gayforgood.org I am not posting it as an official meetup because they need to track the rsvps. Feel free to email me through meetup for more info.
Anne, assistant organizer for MFP

Here are the details:

Date and Time
Sat, Feb 25 - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Maximum attendees: 120 (64 spot(s) left as of Feb 15th)

Description
The Venice Family Clinic needs our help with several different projects this month in three different areas of their facility. We are looking for 80-100 volunteers to help with this project. We will need 6 team leaders to arrive early and guide their teams to completing specific projects for the clinic. If you wish to be a team leader, please email our project coordinator Greg Fieser (gregfieser@yahoo.com) separately as soon as possible.

Projects include:

-Inventory, Moving, Filing, Organizing, etc, in Buildings One and Two.
-Weeding, Gardening, Planting, Mowing, Trash Removal and Heavy Cleaning in Building Three.

Plan to get a little dirty and have a lot of fun as we help the Venice Family Clinic improve their environment and support their community. Bring Gardening tools and gloves if you have some.

Lunch options – TBD – we will let you know.

All of the volunteers will arrive at 604 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291.

We are looking forward to seeing you all

Your G4G Team
Greg, Tony, Ryan, Steve, Frank